If you spent more than five minutes scrolling through your Facebook or Instagram feed today, this blog post is for you.
Let’s face it, we spend a lot of time on the Internet absorbing some pretty useless information. While we can agree that it’s good for your sanity to watch the occasional video of a cute baby or puppy, we think it’s equally important to spend a good portion of your web-browsing time on gaining some real, practical knowledge.
So next time you pick up your phone or open your laptop, resist the urge to go straight to Facebook and visit one of these Top 10 Blogs you should be reading:
- Entrepreneur: Technically it’s a website, not a blog, but it is chock full of informative articles about everything from sales to finance to marketing strategies.
- Steve Blank: Steve is an experienced business owner and professor of entrepreneurship who knows what it takes to take your business from the bottom to the top. He combines his knowledge with that of other entrepreneurs to give hands-on advice for start-up success.
For Product Management and Customer Service:
- UserVoice: When it comes to handling your customers and products, UserVoice is the ultimate resource. They give great advice on how to improve and increase the communication between you and your customers.
- Church of the Customer: If building loyal customers is your goal, this blog has all the answers. The author, Jackie Huba, has been published by some of the top resources in the industry, including The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, BusinessWeek, and more.
For Social Media Buffs:
- Social Media Examiner: Along with blog posts about the latest trends in social media marketing, this website also offers paid opportunities for daily podcasts, conferences, industry reports, and more.
- Jenn’s Trends: Jenn is a globally recognized expert in Instagram marketing, and offers some very practical advice that even the most basic social media user can use.
For the Budgeter:
- Wise Bread: Wise Bread is not only a great source of financial information for businesses, but it also provides advice for managing your personal finances as well. The website is organized into easy-to-find categories so you can make the most out of every dollar.
- Money Crashers: Money Crashers has financial advice for everything from money management, to technology, to shopping on a budget. The blog has been featured on CNN, Forbes, and The Wall Street Journal, just to name a few, and will certainly provide you with a wide breadth of knowledge.
- FirstRound: CEOs and business leaders from some of the world’s top companies contribute to these blog articles on how to be successful in business and life, so you can be sure you’re getting reputable advice.
- Penelope Trunk: Penelope founded 4 different startups, and learned a great deal about business along the way. Her humorous blog provides insights for anyone and everyone who cares about their career. From the basics of writing a resume to managing your own business, Penelope Trunk has helpful information to cover the entire spectrum.
The best way to become better in your industry, whether you’re the CEO of a Fortune 500 company or a small business owner, is to be a lifelong learner. Taking just five minutes a day to read one of these blogs or websites will help you stay informed and educated about the world around you and give you ideas for improving your own business. For the latest updates on business, marketing, branding, social media, and more, talk to the experts at NetSource Technologies. For the most recent developments in web design and online marketing, stay tuned for the next post on our blog and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter.